2/15/2010

THINNING HAIR FEEDBACK

I was wondering if you guys would like to help me out???? As I mentioned before, my hair started thinning about 3-4 years ago. Previously, my hair was super thick. I have used some homeopathic stuff to try and get new growth. I also have tried to stop drinking diet soda because I thought the aspartame was making it fall out. In the last few years I have tried many many things and nothing did much good.

I have said before in previous posts that I refuse to use rogaine and products like that. I don't see the point really. It only works while you are using it and that just bugs me. I want something that really works.

You would think that with all of the many many women with thinning hair they would have something better to offer us than what is now available. It seems like women now more than ever have problems with thinning hair and at a much younger age than ever before.

I also previously posted about how as much I as I miss how my hair used to be, I refuse to be defined by my hair. I think too much emphasis is put on womens hair. You are supposedly only "beautiful" if you have thick, long, flowing hair. That is beyond stupid.

Why is it that men can be bald and sexy but woman are supposed to have long, thick hair to be sexy. So ridiculous!!!! Woman can be bald and sexy too. I want all these stereotypes to stop about hair.

Sure I wish my hair had never started thinning and I have tried products to try to get my hair to return. But that doesn't change the fact that woman with thinning hair do not have alot of options and do not get much help from doctors.

It is accepted that as men get older that they will lose their hair and that is socially acceptable. But bald women or woman losing hair in this day and age still seems taboo.

Okay my whole point to this long rant was your feedback. Do you have thinning hair? What do you use if anything? Do you disagree with me about Rogaine and like products usage? Do you think woman should be bald and proud and ACCEPTED that way just like men?

I want to hear your opinions and it is fine to disgree. If you do disagree, please be respectful about it. I can't wait to hear from all of you.

No comments: