2/11/2010

I LOVE VASELINE

I have mentioned before about how I don't normally wear lipgloss or lipstick. I use vaseline or my blistex lip balm. But vaseline is good for so many other things and it is one of the cheapest beauty products you can buy.

I have combo skin that is a pain but I can still use vaseline with no problem. I use it under my eyes at night. I rotate it with my Ponds dry skin cream. My crazy skin has never had a reaction to it and that is saying something.

What I do is apply a light layer to my skin and under my eyes. Then I dab with a tissue to remove excess. That way there is still a thin layer but not enough to make a huge mess.

The next morning my skin looks glowy and feels soft. If you look at alot of your beauty products they contain petroleum in some form. I know alot of people run screaming for the hills when they think about petroleum in their beauty products. I am not one of those people. I personally love vaseline and I think it is a great inexpensive beauty product.

Vaseline gets a bad rap alot of the time. You hear it shouldn't be in beauty products because it will clog your pores and blah blah blah. Well, I have used products without petroleum and they have clogged my pores. So whatever. Everyone is different and no one can really say whether it will work for you until you try it. Vaseline only costs a couple of bucks so it is worth a try. If it doesn't work for your skin, at least you can always use it as a lipgloss.

No comments: