3/04/2010

UPDATE ON AVON PRODUCTS

Sorry for the long absence!!! I needed to give the products a good try before I reported back to you guys. My daughters 16th birthday is today so that is another reason for the busy schedule.

So back to the update. Sadly I found no holy grail products. It's not that I found the products to be awful. I just found them to be average and I do not repurchase average:)

The first product was the ANEW ADVANCED ALL IN ONE MAX SELF-ADJUSTING PERFECTING LOTION. I actually bought two of them hoping to love it. It is simply okay. It is a little moisturizing but does not completely help my dry patches. I had bought it because of the retinol in it but I found an interesting fact after purchasing.

The product is marketed as it being good for wrinkles and fine lines because it has glycolic acid and a pro-retinol complex. I recently discovered that you should never buy a product containing both of these ingredients.

The reason being is that they cancel each other out. You are supposed to buy them seperately if you want to use them both. When mixed together they are supposedly rendered ineffective.

But like I said it is not awful and did not cause me to break out but there was just nothing that great about it. It basically is not worth 10.00 in my opinion. But remember, I have very mean angry combo skin. So most products sadly never have a chance. It is just such a pain to have combo skin. The damn dry patches and then the oily blackheads. I got the best of both worlds,right:)

Anyway, the perfume I got is called wish of luck. I cannot wear anything too flowery because it gives me an instant headache. (don't ask how many body sprays I have returned to bath and body works for this exact reason). I thought this sounded light enough I might not have that problem but sadly it is a little strong. So basically ibuprofen got a visit after trying it out.

The lip balm I got was in gingerbread and had a slight brownish color when applied. I liked it okay but it is nothing compared to my blistex deep renewal.

I also got a small tube of the moisture therapy intensive lotion. It is no better than any other lotion I own but hey it was only $.99. So it was worth a try.

The last that I got was liiv botanicals vitalizing eye cream. I really wanted to like this. I do like was it does for brightening the eye area BUT something in it did not like me. It really irritated my eyes. That does not happen too often for me with eye cream and I am a contact wearer. But I am scared to wear it again for fear of my eyelids swelling. NOT a pretty sight.

So all in all, nothing to brag about in this batch. The search continues for great products and my closets and cabinets continue to overflow.

No comments: