3/04/2010

The only benzoyl peroxide product that I will use-- 2.5%


By now all of you probably know about my crazy combo skin. I use a couple acne products in my t-zone only. I already told you about the mattifying gel that I use from KOHLS. Now let me tell you about the other one that I use and really like alot.

It is called Neutrogena on-the-spot acne treatment. It contains benzoyl peroxide in a 2.5% formula. I also only use it once a day. If not my nose will peel even at this low dose. I cannot use the 3,5,or 10% formulas of benzoyl peroxide. If my nose peels after more than a daily dose of the 2.5% formula, my nose would probably fall off with a 10% formula.

This is really great because I have found that it controls oil and reduces the look of pores. I only use this in my t-zone and never on my cheeks.

Also as you will know if you have ever used benzoyl peroxide products before, this will stain hair, clothing and towels. I always make sure it has completely dried before putting on clothes,etc. I have never had a problem with it staining anything but I just wanted to add that it can stain but shouldn't be a problem if you let it dry and always wash your hands after applying.

It sounds like a real pain to use but it really isn't. I never use more than one acne product at a time. So You might want to use caution if your face cleanser or toner have acne medicine in them when combining them with another acne medicine.

This is the only formula I have found so far in the 2.5% formula. Most of the ones I have found are usually in the 10% formulas.

I have noticed a difference in the blackheads on my nose since I started using this about 3 months ago. Give it a try, it cost about 5-6 dollars. You can buy it almost anywhere in the acne product section.

No comments: